4.05.2010

THE annual easter egg launch

So, another Hartshorn tradition is the egg launching at easter. On Saturday, we colored about 10 dozen eggs - with the only purpose of being destroyed the following day. Then on easter, we watched general conference at Bryan's house with Rob and Kayla and Boston and also Trevor and Shannon (James cousin). We had a great easter feast thanks mostly to the efforts of Mel (shout out Mel!!!). After we all stuffed ourselves we headed out to the middle of no where to launch eggs. All in all we had 13 dozen eggs to have a go with. My eggs were by far the cutest :) We all had a great time and we had Trevor and Shannon who were first timers so that was fun to do that with them. This is officially my third year participating in this tradition so I would consider myself a veteran now. The launching went well, besides two minor casualties on me and James (the sling shot back-fired and the eggs hit us and exploded on our legs.... it hurt! evidence shown later). This year's easter turned out to be another great one. Can't wait for next year!

James' egg launch injury

Just two of my magnificently decorated eggs :)




the sister-in-laws launch

1 comment:

  1. Ha, ha! Thanks for the shout out. You knew I would be reading it! :)

    I don't think it's too hard to have the cutest colored eggs when you are competing against three kids under the age of 8!!! That being said, yes, yours were the cutest.

    ReplyDelete